Friday, April 8, 2011

Breaking News: Government Avoids Shut Down!

While I was at the baseball game (of our local AAA farm team courtesy of my companies boxed seats) I received text messages from various news sites that a deal had been reached. Just ahead of the midnight deadline.

WASHINGTON — Congressional leaders and President Obama headed off a shutdown of the government with just hours to spare Friday night under a tentative budget deal that would cut nearly $40 billion from current federal spending this year.
After days of tense negotiations and partisan quarreling, House Republicans came to preliminary terms with the White House and Senate Democrats over financing the government for the next six months, resolving a stubborn impasse that had threatened to disrupt federal operations across the country and around the globe.
- New York Times

I will need to do a more in-depth look at this bill to see what the $40 billion dollars in cuts entails but I'm glad to see the Government is still operating.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment