Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gas prices up again


I am sure you don't need me to tell you that gas prices are up. I am sure you have noticed that yourself. Here in Austin it seems the past week we seen prices going up almost everyday. For example on Monday it was $3.59. On Wednesday it jumped up to $3.63. Thursday it was $3.64. Finally Friday it jumped another 2 cents to $3.66. When I posted the picture here on my personal facebook page friends and acquaintances from back in Kansas reported that it was already $3.69. Another friend in Chicago reported that it was $4.43 there. This same person commented

What's crazy is that this isn't happening because of lack of oil, it's just on 'fears' that's of lack of stock. If this isn't theft, I don't know what is.
My response was
true .... and something MUST be done, but those fine elected folks in Washington on both sides of the aisle are doing nothing about it.
To which someone else responded
Hell, our wonderful government is as frail as a 100 year old. It's Wall St. we should be asking help (mercy) from.
Interesting ideas. They are the kind of things I love hearing. Your thoughts and ideas are what makes this blog even better. Keep them coming. How much is gas in your area? What is your opinion on these high prices? Do you think they will eventually fall back below $2/gallon? How about below $1/gallon. I miss the 89 cents/gallon. After the high gas prices of the 70's they said that it would never be bellow $1 again, but as we all know now they were wrong about that. So what do you think? Will it get that cheap again?

No comments:

Post a Comment