Thursday, April 7, 2011

Coupons

Since coming to Texas I have got back into couponing. I look for all the free coupons I can get on the site Coupons.com especially grocery coupons. Unfortunately I haven't reached the level of extreme couponing.

What is extreme couponing? That is where you have a coupon for each and everything you buy. You know the handful of people that walk into a grocery store and buy over $100 worth of groceries and walk out paying less then $10. I have added electronic coupons to my store coupons, printed coupons out from the above mentioned site and everything I can without buying a subscription to the local Sunday paper to get the coupons there. That really is what my next step needs to be. For extreme couponing to actually work. It will take 2 to 3 months of building up your coupons.
  • Get a nice supply of coupons.
  • Only buy items on sale and then use a coupon with it.
  • If an item isn't cheaper (even with coupon) then what you normally buy don't buy it.
  • Be sure to use printable coupons, electronic coupons (if your store has them), coupons from the paper, and even coupons distributed in the store. The thing is you if you are going to use coupons and especially if you want to be weird and use them in the extreme fashion then you want to really use coupons. As I said before use coupons for everything you buy.
  • Don't buy anything you don't have a coupon for.


    It's really that simple. The hard part, which I struggle with also, is actually using the coupons that I save up. However once we successfully learn to start using the coupons with sale items and not spending more on something then we normally do, just because we have a coupon on a different brand. Then we too can be part of the extreme couponing craze. Saving that money we spend in the store for say our retirement or perhaps that family vacation. Or whatever else you might want to save it for.

    Thank you to Shopkortingscode.nl for helping make this post possible.
    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


    follow me on Twitter and facebook



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment