Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Strange but True...Man Tries To Rob A Bank, Then Get A Loan

Now this is funny. This post is one of those strange news stories, that my wife and I let out a huge laugh, upon hearing it. After hearing the story on the Dave Ramsey Show, just moments ago, I had to look it up online.

My search took me to the Santa Cruz Sentinel.
WASTONVILLE -- A man was arrested Wednesday afternoon after he walked into a Watsonville bank, said he had a bomb in his backpack and demanded $2,000 so he could pay his friend's rent, police reported.

But when Mark Smith, 59, allegedly tried to rob the bank, the bank manager suggested that what he actually needed to do was take out a loan and she had him sit down while she retrieved the loan paperwork, authorities said. Instead, she called 911, according to Assistant District Attorney Dave Genochio.
Santa Cruz Sentinel
It isn't bad enough that this moron actually thought that he would get away with robbing a bank. He was actually gullible enough, to believe he could get a loan "to pay his friends $2,000 rent" instead. How stupid can someone be? Look people, stealing in any form is STUPID! So is thinking someone is going loan you the money, when you have made a criminal threat against them.
"Quick-thinking staff kept the man calm and distracted him with some paperwork
until we arrived," Lt. Darren Thompson said.
Santa Cruz Sentinel.

I am glad that no one was hurt, and that this moron is now off the streets.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment