Thursday, September 9, 2010

Department of Public Safety

As a new comer to Texas, I have to get my new driver license for this state. I new from the inception of the idea, to move here, there would be some added expenses to actually getting settled. However, in Texas I can't get a Drivers License until, I have got my car registered in the state. That means, I have to have a state safety inspection. However, the problem is there is a small hole in the turn signal. Because of this a small amount of white light is viable, which in turn means the car would not pass the safety inspection. So I really could not "Refudiate" the diagnosis. To fix it properly, would cost nearly $400. Although a temporary fix was made (putting taillight tape over the hole), to get it to pass state inspection. Thank God, now I don't have to worry about the inspection for another year. However, I will need to get that light cover fixed soon. It will make the car look better, but more importantly it will be safer. Especially in preventing water from getting inside the taillight assembly and shorting out the electrical system. Still, though I find the idea of spending nearly $400 despicable.

Once, I got the inspection, I was on the way to Cedar Park, TX to get the new car tags. Where I learned, I had to pay an additional $90 for what they call a "new resident fee."

Now the next step is to go to the Texas Department of Public Safety's Drivers License office, to get my Drivers License. That will cost an additional $25. I plan to make this trip tomorrow morning. However, once that is done. I will officially be a resident of the area. All-in-all it is hard to be frugal, with all these extra expenses. Some of which seem unforeseen. Although "unforeseen," it should still have been in the budget. In fact it should have been taken care, a long time ago. Now I am playing catchup.

Now, to get a job. I just got off the phone, as another perspective employer called me to do a telephone pre-screening before any possible face to face interview. That one, was in the field I really want to go to work in. However, I won't hold my breath, until I actually get the call telling me, "you're hired."

Once I find a job, I we can start rebuilding my our savings.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) for $75 and Replace This Text.

follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment