Thursday, September 23, 2010

Facebook Issues

I returned home this afternoon, to find that Facebook was having issues. Facebook users have been seeing the site go on and offline today. The company issued a statement but gave no explanation as to the cause:

We’re currently experiencing some site issues causing Facebook to be slow or unavailable for some users. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Whatever the problem, it seems worldwide, as thousands have been tweeting about the problem this afternoon.

The downtime also affected sites that incorporate Facebook’s “Like” buttons and the Facebook Connect service. What I want to know is what the problem is. Is from a hacker? Is it simple server issues? Perhaps the servers are overloaded? Come on Facebook, give us answers. The outage seems to me to be the most inopportune time, with the imminent release of "The Social Network." A fictionalized movie about Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg.





---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment