Monday, September 13, 2010

Is the Time Now For My Dream?

Ever since, I was in high school my one of my biggest career goals was to be a full-time writer. Except for a brief stint with a now defunct newspaper, I never saw that dream come to fruition. When the fledgling paper went out of business, I could not find work with another paper, and was to broke to try to charge out into the world of freelance.
I moved to Topeka, KS and got a job in a fast food restaurant, eventually going to College to earn a degree in both my dreams. Communications and Political Science. However, because my bills were piling up, I had to go to work full time. So I all but gave up on my dreams and went to work full-time at the grocery store I was working at the time. Over-all I spent 18 out of the last 20-years in the grocery business. Working my way up the ranks. The other 2-years, was in the ministry. Since the ministry I have spent the remaining 13-years in the grocery business.

Now, I again in a new city, looking for work. Perhaps, this will be my big break that I needed. I am currently working on 2 writing projects (neither of which have buyers), that I hope will be very successful. Of course it is still to early to say what those projects are, but I will remain very optimistic about them.

Don't get me wrong. I am in no way saying that I will give up looking for work. My family must eat, and I must provide for them. Therefore, I will continue looking for full-time employment. Perhaps, in the financial sector. Perhaps in the political sector. Then again it could once again be in retail. Who knows. All, I know is I must provide for my family.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


Sponsor This Post(via PayPal) for $75 and Replace This Text.

follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment