Saturday, October 6, 2007

Take a look at Life Insure, if you are in the Market for New Insurance

Are you considering switching insurance? If you are, then one site that you may want to check out is LifeInsure.com. The site allows you compare term, universal and whole life. Of course, if you have read my blog with any regularity and listened to Dave Ramsey, you know that I don't like whole life. So I would strongly suggest that you avoid that portion of the site.

Why? Because you won't get the extra money that you pay. If you die, then your heirs will only get the benefits of the policy and not a dime of the savings that you added to it. If you cash it out early so that you can get that savings, well the interest is not what you would get in a good mutual fund. So again, I implore you, don't buy whole life. If you already have whole life, sell it, buy term and invest the difference in a good mutual fund. Never, buy annuities or other investments from your insurance company, they just aren't the best rates.

LifeInsure.com will let visitors from all 50 states compare rates between various companies. So if you are in the market for new insurance, then give LifeInsure.com a look see.

2 comments:

  1. 10/08/07
    Do you have whole life insurance or are you parroting Dave Ramsey? What type of life insurance do you have; in other words,how will your "final expenses" be paid? Before you admonish someone to sell their coverage, they must have something else lined up, which you don't mention. And if you've had the policy a long time, you might find yourself uninsurable at the present time, a major consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When put that way, I guess you would say I am parroting Dave Ramsey. I don't have life insurance myself, because I can't afford th premium's. If I could I would sell the whole-life policy that my mom bought on me when I was a kid. She isn't adding anything more to it, but knowing what I know about this type of product, I would sell it. However, because it isn't mine actually mine, I can't sell it.

    Like Dave Ramsey says, my parents don't want financial advise from their kid. Besides that, my parents and I have never got along very well, which makes it even harder to approach them.

    ReplyDelete