Tuesday, October 23, 2007

News is Now Public Knowledge

The news is now public. Topeka Capital Journal is reporting the news about the location, where I work.

Falley’s Market, 3000 N. Topeka, will close Nov. 10, company management announced Tuesday.

As one of the managers (or even an employee), I cannot say to much to the media. In fact all media comments must come from the corporate offices in Oklahoma City. While the store will be closed Nov 10, I will be at the store until the day before Thanksgiving cleaning up and transferring unsold products to other stores.

As we have been told, and I have seen before, the paper will report in tomorrow mornings paper (and currently online):

The store’s 20 employees were told about the closure on Friday. The employees are being given an opportunity to transfer to another store if they are interested in doing so, according to HAC Inc., the Oklahoma City-based company that operates the store.

Although two of our employees have received word of where they will be transfered, most of us have not. In fact, it will be more difficult to place those of us who are in management. The reason being, is in most cases we will be additional managers that the store wouldn't of had otherwise.

My biggest concern, is I will be put back on the night crew to again take charge of that crew. Something I don't want, because those individuals tend to be buried and forgotten about. Not the place to be, if you (like myself) want to advance to the next level of assistant manager.


If you like this post, buy me a coke

1 comment:

  1. That really sucks at least you've got some time to find yourself something else in the meantime. I've had a job yanked out from under me a couple times it really sucks at the time but in both cases it turned out better for me in the end.

    ReplyDelete