Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Goodwill launches online shopping


Recently I was reading the online version of the Miami Herald. Specifically the column by Sharon Harvey Rosenberg, better known in the Personal Finance world as the Frugal Duchess.

In the specific article I read, the Duchess interviewed the folks at Goodwill, after she learned of a new service the national chain of non-profit thrift shops.


Many of us love thrift shops, but lack the time to hunt for treasures at second-hand stores. Goodwill addressed that problem with www.shopgoodwill.com, an eBay-style electronic marketplace and auction platform. The merchandise, including antiques, is posted with photos by 71 Goodwill organizations around the country, according to Joan Dornbach, vice president of marketing for Goodwill of Orange County in California.


Like Sharon said many of us, especially those of us in the frugal world of personal finance bloggers and readers, enjoy shopping at thrift shops. However, time often escapes us, until now. This is a site I think I could visit every now and then. The thing is though, Goodwill is the thrift shop that I visit the least. So the new eBay style website, may not be for me, yet may be for many of you.



If you like this post, buy me a coke

1 comment:

  1. Goodwill's site makes it easier than driving to the store to shop. They have antiques and electronic goodies, too. I saw a 1926 silver dollar taking bids. It is currently at $13. Pretty nice stuff.

    I took a look around at the salvation army thrift store a few days ago. I was looking at the jackets. Didnt find anything. Maybe next time. The prices are attractive.

    ReplyDelete