Monday, May 12, 2008

Success is More Than Dreaming

One of my long time dreams has finally come true. Even though, some of my readers, friends and acquaintances don't think it is a good move. For them it may not be. For me, however it is. For many years, I have wanted the position of Assistant Manager, in fact for nine years. For the past, 3 or 4 years I have been actively seeking it. Every manager, I have worked for, those 4-years has known of my interest. Some, have even known of my interest to own my own store(s). That is the case, of the manager and owner of a store in a small town. A manager, who even though, I left employment with him some 9-years ago, I have kept in contact with. It is because, of this dream, that I am motivated to get debt-free so that one day, that dream can come true also.

A friend of mine, recently mentioned a book, he seen in the library. A book, entitled "How come that idiots' rich and I'm Not" by Robert Shemin. It reminds me, that I must remember that the only way to achieve my dreams, whether it be promotion, owning my own business, or simply being debt free is hard work. I haven't read this book, but after looking up the authors website, I can quickly see that is the jest of what he is teaching. Which, is what personal finance guru's, Dave Ramsey, Larry Wingett and John Cummuta teach also.

I cannot say how long it will be, before I will see my dreams become a reality. However, I will continue to work hard, to see those dreams become a reality. Yes, it may mean 50 or 60 hour weeks, but it is something I am willing to do, to accomplish my dreams and make myself more valuable.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

2 comments:

  1. My dream is to be a stay at home mom and take care of my family. The world thinks I am crazy, but God has given me that desire of my heart even though I am a single mom. I run an in home daycare for income, and I work 60 hours a week doing so, but I am home and with my own kids as well. So I really understand that you have to follow your dream. Ultimately we will answer to God not anyone else. Have a great day! -Becky in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. being a stay at home mom is very admirable. I commend you on finding a way to both work and stay at home to be with your kids.

    Finance is something I love to talk about, and I have thought about making it a career, however, I don't have dreams of owning a bank. Rather, my dream is to own (a) retail store(s). So becoming an assistant manager, is another step closer to that ultimate dream.

    ReplyDelete