Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Spending: $0 Day and my Water Struggle


Well, yesterday at work, I avoided spending any cash at all. I had planned to stop at Kwik Shop and purchase some gas, but forgot and drove right past after getting off work.

Any way, it was difficult not to purchase anything, especially a coca-cola or quart of milk. I was drinking water all day, but felt thirstier then I ever had, when I was drinking Coke like it was water.

I know it is healthier for me, but drinking water is a huge challenge for me. Today, I plan to set out my sun tea jar on the front steps. So that I can brew some fresh tea and have that instead of pop. That will help replenish some of caffeine urge, but it wont replace that fizz that I crave. That's OK, though, because once I can cut that back, I can work on cutting the caffeine back.


image from: Dave Away From Home
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a diet coke addict, usually drinking 3-4 cans a day (cut from 128 oz per day, as fountain drinks aren't available in the UK)
    I consider it one of life's simple pleasures and I do so well in cutting expenses in other areas, I decided my diet coke is my motivation. If you cut too much, you just aren't living.

    I've reasoned I'm drinking my retirement away, until I realized I'm saving well for retirement, so why not drink diet coke. I once joked with friends that if ever I died suddenly it's probably from aspartame poisoning and to donate my body to science for long term diet coke effects haha

    Enjoy a treat in your Coke. Life's too short

    your pal in Coca Cola
    Mzmuny

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I got addicted to coke during my last pregnancy, I weaned myself by drinking coffee (for the caffine) and a lemon soda (for the sugar/fizz) and once I had beaten the coke addiction it was 3 days to get off coffee (I don't drink it normally) and another week to get off the soda. Slowly reducing from 3 cans a day down to 1 shared with the kids, until the box ran out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you to overcome your addiction to soda -lol! -Becky

    ReplyDelete