Friday, May 30, 2008

Spending: P.T., Uniform, T. P. and a Lawn Mower

Medical
Today, I had off from work. Which was welcomed, considering I have spent so much time at work the last few weeks. The first thing I did was go to my final physical therapy appointment. Since, it was my final appointment and I have exercises and stretches to do at home, I bought 5 feet of therapy band so that I could do some of those. That cost me $5. However , since the insurance won't pay that, I got a receipt, so I could explore the possibility of it being a medical deduction (perhaps a reader, would know if it is acceptable).

Uniform
I purchased the printing of my "Asst. Store Manager" name badge today. I should receive it in about 3-weeks. (cost: $8.98 plus .67 tax = 9.65). Again, I will save this receipt, to deduct as part of my uniform expenses.

Toilet Paper
I stopped by the store on the way home and picked up a package of T. P. (cost $1.29/w tax).

Lawn Mower Troubles
I went to mow my yard today, and the pull cord snapped. How much is that going to cost me? According to the repair place, about $25. The bad thing is, I need the yard mowed NOW, and they act worse then the big box stores when repairing computers. It will take a week. Jeez, that's why I prefer the small local owned businesses. When I need a computer repaired today, it might cost an extra $10 or $20, but unlike those box stores they make an effort to repair simple things the same day. I still would like to get an electric mower, instead of this gas powered thing, I bought used a month ago.

Thankfully, I received my tax disbursement check today (from People's Telecommunications). I placed it in my main savings account, which is for my bills. Normally, this check would have gone into the account, where try to save up for my taxes, insurance payments and my emergency fund. I figure, insurance helps cover certain emergencies, so having these in the same fund makes perfect sense. But, this time, since my insurance payment is due, I put it in the account that I will be writing the check from. It will remain in the savings for a few days, and then I will transfer online to the related checking, when I can afford to actually write the check. At this point, I am $50 short ($75 if you can trust the $25 figure above).

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

No comments:

Post a Comment