Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spending: Catching Up

I need to bring my spending diary up to date. It's been a few days, since I posted it.

  • Saturday:

  • $1.39 - bottle of coke
    Took one of my frozen dinners to work, I made up the other day, to eat at lunch. I also drove out to best buy to purchase a converter box (since my coupons expire on May 30). Which ended up being another $24.46 after tax, even with the $40 coupon.

  • Sunday:

  • I bought 2 12 packs of coke (on sale 3/$9) for a total (with tax) is 6:45.

  • Monday:

  • I was off work, so I went by a store closing sale, to see what they had left. Even though I wasn't planning to, I ended up buying a 4 pack of what has to be the world's best root beer. A root beer made, just 45 minutes from where I grew up in east central Kansas. A root beer, that is never on sale. So, when I seen it was 20% and only one pack was left, I grabbed it. Setting me back $2.74 ($3.19 -0.64 +0.19 tax).



    Now, this week I am going to work on being better about not spending anything at work.
    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

    Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

    3 comments:

    1. have to reiterate: drink water! it's almost free, or like .09 cents a gallon from the tap (that's what we drink.)

      ReplyDelete
    2. thanks Becky. I do need to drink more water, and I am trying, but I like the fizz.

      Every time, I get rolling good, I go a week maybe two weeks, and then all of sudden start drinking 3-4 Coca-Cola's in one day.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I actually hate water, but I add lemon and try to drink all 8 glasses by dinner so I can have iced tea or lemonade or koolade with dinner. Also drinking water with a straw helps (do not know why.) Hey try putting water in your empty soda can, maybe you will fool your brain-lol. If I buy soda for like a barbecue that's all we drink, so now I never buy it, and my barbecue this past weekend I made iced tea, lemonade, and koolade, no one even said a word. I know it is hard to break a bad habit. I am trying to stop biting my nails and trying to limit my daily calories, but it is hard!!! I go like 3 weeks without biting my nails, then they grow and I just bite them all off again. WEIRD!

      ReplyDelete