Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spending: I think I can see some waste

One thing that is strongly encouraged in many personal finance classes, especially Christian Financial Concepts (now Crown Financial Ministries), is to keep a spending diary. Keeping track of every thing that you spend through out the day, no mater how small. So, beginning today, I am going to be doing that on this blog. It should ensure, that there is at least one post every day. Of course, I hope to get back the regular financial posts that made this blog as popular as it has been over the last 2-years.

  • Biscuits & Gravy (from the Eagles Nest at the Harley Davidson Shop) $2.15
  • Pint of milk (from work) $1.17
  • Bottle of pop (from work) $1.32
  • Groceries $22.14



  • When I bought the groceries, I also received $10 back to use for gas, which I plan to purchase in the morning (Sunday).




    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

    Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

4 comments:

  1. Have you ever try spend-free week. You set up one day a week (only one day) when you are allowed to spend money. Unless you are in immediate danger (eg health expense) you do not spend anything but on that day. Gas grocery, stamp, bills you only get one day to take care of everything for the week.

    It is hard to pull off at the beginning but it cut impulse buying to almost 0. It is a great tool if you can use it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing down your spending sound slike a great idea. I think that the more we use credit cards, the less notice we take of how much money we are actually spending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a kot of waste for someone who is trying to scrape their way out of debt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. see my blog, I overspent by over $600 this month. Ahhh! We all do it, but keeping track is so helpful, and not carrying checks or a debit/ credit card really help. Cash only! I need to follow this advice a little better myself. LOL!-Becky

    ReplyDelete