Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Woman's house hijacked by strangers

What would you do if you came home from work and found someone else had taken up residence in your home? That is what happened to one Texas woman recently.



Mayrean McDonough, 65, came home from work and finds a family of five eating her food and playing with her now grown kids toys in her Marble Falls, Texas home earlier this month.

McDonough, who works as a secretary at an area church, said when she stopped at home to grab something and walked into her home off 12th Street, she found the family in her living room.

"It was like a circus," said McDonough. "There were pop cans everywhere."

She said she screamed at the couple whose children were playing with toys on the floor. McDonough said the toys belonged to her now-grown children and had been packed away in a box in her bedroom closet.

The family fled in their car that they had hidden in the shed on the property, leaving behind finger prints (which were sent to the state laboratory), money, a lighter, a photo of the children, fast food receipts and a pair of shoes. The case is still under investigation.

I am not sure what I would have done if I found myself in a similar situation. I am sure I would have been terrified though. I do think if I found the music that loud, I wouldn't have gotten their attention. I think I would have backed out and called the police so as to try to catch then while they were still in my home. How about you?


----------
My name is Kevin, and that's what I think. What do you think? Agree? Disagree?

follow me on Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment