Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Revisiting the Resolutions 2011

Just over 6-months ago, in fact almost 7-months ago) I posted my resolutions for 2011. Today I thought I would take a look at them and see how I am progressing with them.
  1. Books
  2. - I plan to get at least (one book hopefully more) finished by the end of the year. Even more I hope to find a publisher for the (those) book(s).
    So far I am still working on the book(s) but they have been placed on the back burner. One publisher that I talked to wants to charge me $1,000-$3,000. Money I really don't have at this time.
  3. Rebuild my savings
  4. - there is no question that I must rebuild my savings ASAP.
    I really expected to be further along on this one, but so far I can't say that I really have rebuilt much of anything in this fund. The only savings that has $1,000+ is the house fund. I really need to become more focused on this.
  5. Either become my own boss or get a full-time job with insurance
  6. I would say health insurance is one thing I need more then income. While earning enough to pay the rent and utilities would be nice; I really need insurance for my wife and I.

This is still a goal. Although I am working at a job that has insurance I am wasting way to much gas to that job. At the same time I do like the job so I am not sure what to do. If I could get a break into full time ministry and blogging that would be absolutely the best scenario. However, for this to happen all my blogs/websites would need to see an increase in traffic in order to earn enough to make this happen.

Finally some things that weren't in the New Years resolutions that I posted in January, but are goals of my wife and I.
  1. Anniversary
  2. - After the horrible honeymoon trip we are hoping that this August we can have a honeymoon on our 1st anniversary to do things right. The dream is 2 nights (the weekend) in an Embassy Suites and on the day of the anniversary itself have a limo take us to dinner at diner.
  3. Family
  4. - In addition I have never met my wife's family (who lives in North Carolina) our desire is to save enough money to go visit them latter this year as well as visiting my family back in Kansas. We are estimating such a trip that we would coordinate with her son as well would cost us about $2,000. Hopefully we can earn/save enough money and hopefully the gas prices will drop so that it won't cost as much. Well there you have it. That is where we are at on our goals and dreams. Please continue to pray for us in these matters as well as all our prayer requests listed on our prayer page. Thanks.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment