Monday, August 13, 2007

Vacation Recap

Well, I had the goal of making an extra $1000 during my 1 week vacation. So how well did I do. I can say, I did make a little extra cash, but it was no where near the $1000. Most of the income, I was expecting to get from curb painting, but with the heat wave (triple digits) here in the Midwest, I didn't get myself motivated to actually paint any addresses, besides my own.
So, that takes us to the yard sale, which I spent a lot of time preparing for and deciding to get rid of stuff around the house, that I really didn't need. Goodbye candles, extra clothing, old computers, etc etc.
Saturday was the big day, I went to the little neighborhood park and set up my table and stuff, and paid my $10. The crowd, perhaps because of the heat was at a trickle, then as it got closer to noon, it picked up, for a couple hours before dramatically dieing off again. All in all, though, after my expenses and subtracting what I brought in change, I made $54.

Several of the business books sold, while the more general interest (like Mary Higgins Clark) weren't even looked at. The old computer, which I reformatted before the sale, sold for $35 instead of the $50 it was marked. Then again it didn't have the monitor, keyboard or mouse. It was, in fact, just the CPU unit and it was 7-years old, using a Windows ME operating system.

I also received $240 from my roommate, border or whatever you want to call him. Of course I was expecting that, so that really be counted into the extra money. That $240 will about pay for my insurance that is again due this month. Instead of to the card card debt that I was planning to pay it own. It is with these funds, that I expect to get these small debts cleared up by the end of the year, as long as I remain focused. However, when I made those plans, I forgot about the insurance bill that those funds also help cover. Still though, it is possible, I believe, as long as I said, remain focused on the task and its ultimate goal.

In addition, the items that were taken to the auction house, will be sold on August 18. The auction, which will be in Scranton, will be held at 4 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment