Monday, August 6, 2007

Thoughts on Sicko the Movie


I haven't seen Sicko yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it as soon as possible. However, from what I can tell he doesn't talk about the problems in locations where they offer subsidized medical care here in the U. S. Problems, which, I would like to point out here.

When I lived in Chicago, they had a clinic at the county run hospital (Cook County Hospital), where there was long lines and huge waits to see a Doctor, and then if they felt it was warranted, an appointment to come back another day to see a Doctor in that specialty.

One thing I quickly learned, even though it was my day off from work, was don't ever go on a Monday. That's when all the people looking for excuse to get a three day weekend show up, for the imaginary illness' so they could have the Doctors note for their employer.

That is where the problem lies in subsidized health care. There is a small number of people that abuse the system and go for every small ailment, thus clogging up the system for more important problems.

2 comments:

  1. Moore is a jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that subsidized health care is not ideal. I have been in a place where I had to have subsidized health care...we were at a 50% subsidy.

    This post would have been more useful if you had expounded on the problem with subsidized health care, rather than attacking a movie you haven't watched. Just 2 cents to help you become a better blogger

    ReplyDelete