Friday, August 31, 2007

How Much of a Cheapskate Am I (Are You)



So I was reading over at "The Digerati Life," her post "I'm Frugal, so Why Can't I save," about a cheapskate quiz she took.

So, I had to try out the quiz and see how much of cheapskate, I really am. Now I always thought of myself as being pretty frugal, but not cheapskate, so would the test prove out that way. Below, is the answer they gave me for the 21 points I received on the quiz.



You've got your wily ways, but you're not wackily withholding. You're practical, and interested in saving a few pennies -- but not to the point, say, where you'd risk a trip to the pokey (far as we know, grooming your hair in-store with said store's unpaid-for products is petty pilfering -- though we doubt Death Row would be the end result).

You also wisely weigh all factors in making monetary decisions -- i.e., if it saves you a sou or two, is it worth the time, trouble or perhaps loss of your good standing with others? Your final decision may not always be 100 percent on the money -- but 100 percent is neither a necessary or obtainable goal.

You embody an admirable balance between living large and living lean -- living la vida in-between.



Why not take the test and tell me what kind of results you got? Do you feel the answer was pretty much correct or totally wrong? I would love to hear your thoughts on this test.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Thanks for stopping by to read my post on frugality! It seems like we have the same results and these results reveal that we are "balanced" about our spending! That's great in my book :). It's always fun to try these tests out to see where we stand.

    By the way, my site name is "The Digerati Life" (not "The Frugal Life"). Just a small correction there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got 23 made sense :)

    "23 pts.
    You've got your wily ways, but you're not wackily withholding. You're practical, and interested in saving a few pennies -- but not to the point, say, where you'd risk a trip to the pokey (far as we know, grooming your hair in-store with said store's unpaid-for products is petty pilfering -- though we doubt Death Row would be the end result).

    You also wisely weigh all factors in making monetary decisions -- i.e., if it saves you a sou or two, is it worth the time, trouble or perhaps loss of your good standing with others? Your final decision may not always be 100 percent on the money -- but 100 percent is neither a necessary or obtainable goal.

    You embody an admirable balance between living large and living lean -- living la vida in-between."

    ReplyDelete