Friday, August 3, 2007

Free CFL's


This afternoon I was surprised when my mail person knocked on the door and handed me a package. I hadn't ordered anything, yet the package was clearly addressed to me. What was inside? A compact fluorescent light. I had filled out a form at yahoo, in a contest trying to get my city named as a green city. In return, Yahoo was mailing everyone a compact fluorescent light. Well today I received it. In addition, when it was announced a while back, that Topeka was one of the top 5, the city received a whole bunch to hand out, which according to the newspaper were to be distributed to the various community centers. In addition, some of them would be put to use in the cities own buildings.

However, a week from tomorrow (sat. Aug 11) I will be receiving another one free. As part of National Night Out, Westar (WR), the local electric company will be handing out free CFL's with one condition. That condition, is that those receiving a free bulb, sign an agreement to buy at least one more CFL within the next year.

1 comment: