Tuesday, June 24, 2008

spending: June 24

Yesterday, I went to the Home Depot and finally got the final 14 door handles for my kitchen cabinets. In addition, I got the replacement door bell, that I have been needing to replace the broken one. The replacement one, is a wireless one, instead of the electric one (like the old one was). Over all, I spent $114 at the company that doesn't care about high gas prices (or the environment), as they only offer plastic bags to their customers. Paper bags for some reason are out. Even though, 12 million barrels of oil is used every year to make the plastic bags we Americans use. Like cutting back on the use of gas, if we cut back on the use of plastic bags, we would reduce the demand on oil and thus lower oil and gas prices.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

6 comments:

  1. Everyone is going paperless these days - my bank is always asking me if I would like to change to paperless statments. As far as plasic bags go, there days are number in UK supermarkets. Every supermarket is pushing there own brand of shopping bags and I have even seen shopping bags for sale in clothing shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you carry your own bags if you feel that strongly about it? I keep canvas bags in my car, and carry them into the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl -
    I do have Canvass bags in my car, I just never thought a place like Home depot would only have plastic and no paper bags.

    At the grocery store, I usually pick up a few items, when I get off, and don't want to go across the parking lot to get the bags out of my car, so I either request paper or no bag at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call it Green Campaign, call it environmental friendly, but it is true the fact of service not willing to provide you paper related inputs

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just let people knock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous -

    don't hear people knocking, because they don't know how to knock loud.

    ReplyDelete