Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Spending: Getting Started to Make Corn Dogs

Sunday, before I left work I spent 17.24, plus $20 cash back. Most of the items were stuff to make my homemade corn dogs. I ended up making 24 corn dogs for $3.69 (.26 for the skewers), not including the oil. The oil is a little harder to figure. Because it can be used over and cook a lot more then the 24, that I cooked. The oil cost would be about $2.33, however that goes even lower, as I cook more corn dogs.

  • Eggs 1.35 (.22)
  • Milk 2.89 (.16)
  • Vegetable Oil 6.99 ($2.33)
  • Tongs .71
  • Paper Baking Cups .95
  • 2 pkgs Always Save Wieners @.78 (1.87)
  • Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix .59 (1.18)
    Tax 1.20
    Total 17.24
    Prices in () are prices to make up the jiffy corn muffin mix and corn dogs.


    Monday (yesterday), I went by the store and bought 2 pkgs of paper towels. Total cost after tax was $2.15 cash. Before, making the corn dogs (and after leaving the store), I went to Perry, KS to visit an old friend. A friend that I haven't seen for several years.



    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

    Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!
  • 3 comments:

    1. BOX OF 6 GROCERY STORE BRAND CORN DOGS: .99 CENTS!

      ReplyDelete
    2. don't know where anonymous thinks they can buy 6 corn dogs for 99 cents. Sure doesn't sound like an everyday price. maybe a sale price, but then that would be a rare deal to.

      perhaps anonymous is just trying to stir trouble and making up their own prices.

      Even 16 for $4.99 is $1-$2 cheaper then most places I know. Heck that price would be more then the 99 cents for 6 as 4 boxes (24 corn dogs) would only be $3.96.

      If the Prince would have made from scratch, he would have saved more money.

      ReplyDelete
    3. POT, how did they turn out?
      Mzmuny

      ReplyDelete