Monday, June 2, 2008

Readers Question: What are your Plans...?

mzmuny asked,

What are your plans once you are out of debt?

Thanks for the question, MzMuny. So glad your asked.

Once I am able to successfully pay off all my debts, my plans are to begin building my savings. I wish to have at least $5,000 in every savings account (budget envelope).

Currently, I only have $5-$100ish in each of those savings accounts.
  • Food (Groceries) $5
  • Emergency (Insurance) Fund $100
  • Travel (Vacation) $15
  • Household $5 (after insurance payment is made)
  • Auto $5
  • Taxes $5
  • Something Special Fund $0
  • Gift Fund (Christmas, Birthday, Weddings, etc) $5

  • Travel
    One of my biggest dreams is to make it to New York City and see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building. I wish to make it back to D. C. so I can see Monticello, Williamsburg, and the hometown of my Great, Great Grandfather, who came to this country as a mercenary. Was captured by Americans and was a POW often times under George Washington, and then as many of the "Hessian Soldiers," served a time as a slave to earn his freedom and stay in America. That hometown, after his death became part of WV. There he became a cabinet maker as well as made Whiskey. His furniture, worth thousands of dollars are on display in the Lewisberg, WV museum and his name is mentioned as part of the towns walking tour.

    However, my dream doesn't stop there. I also want to go back to Europe and see a number of spots I haven't yet been able to go to. Like Germany, France, England, Ireland and Northern Ireland. Finally, and probably one of the biggest travel dreams is to visit every single Presidential Library/Museum. I have been to the Carter near Atlanta and Eisenhower in Abilene, KS. Amazing as it sounds, I have yet to visit the Truman in Independence, MO (a suburb of Kansas City, MO) , especially considering how close I live to it.


    Missions
    However, I don't just want to travel, I also want to do mission work. I would like to travel to help people also. To take God's good news to others, while also offering humanitarian relief in places that need it.


    Over all, I don't want to be rich so people can see "how rich I am," rather I want to help others with their struggles. I am reminded of a recent verse I read, Proverbs 13:7
    One man pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth.
    How true that is. If a person looks rich, they are probably just someone trying to impress you. The real rich person, usually doesn't want to flash it around. There is a reason, King Solomon is regarded as the wisest man to ever live.

    Business
    Of course, I have mentioned before, I want to be a businessman. I want to owner a conglomerate of business' or be an investor in several business'. Thus earning more money. In fact, perhaps investing would be better, so that while I am earning the money, I can be off volunteering for humanitarian efforts.

    So there, in a nut shell you have it. What I want to do when I become DebtFree4ever!
    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

    Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment