Wednesday, February 16, 2011

frugal Tip 26: Mend Old Clothes

Earlier this year, I started posting a more in depth look at each of the frugal tips. Over the next few weeks I will publish the frugal tips that I have collected. Please note that not every tip will work for everyone. Chose as many of the tips that will work with you and your family and start implementing them. Today we will proceed with Tip #26 Have your clothes/shoes repaired instead of buying new.
This is something that our grandparents and their grandparents before them did all the time. (I remember as a kid having jeans with patches over 2 or 3 holes) There is no need to throw clothing away simply because it has a hole in it. I currently have a sweat-jacket where one of the pockets is coming off at the seam. So it is in the sewing pile so my wife can fix it. Most of the rest of my coats and jackets are to warm to wear as regularly as I do that one, so it is a real benefit to keep that jacket around.

This item could save you hundreds each year on your clothing budget. Simply by patching holes, mending seams, sewing lost buttons back on or resoling those shoes.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment