Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Frugal Tip 25: Never Buy Books or Movies

Earlier this year, I started posting a more in depth look at each of the frugal tips. Over the next few weeks I will publish the frugal tips that I have collected. Please note that not every tip will work for everyone. Chose as many of the tips that will work with you and your family and start implementing them. Today we will proceed with Tip #25 Use your library, never buy books/movies.
Books
Why spend money on books, when most of us only read a book once? I highly suggest that you always use a library and borrow those books rather then buying your own.
Movies/DVD's
Most libraries don't charge to borrow DVD's so they are the cheapest place to "rent" your movies from. If you must rent movies use Netflix, cut out the cable and save tons of money. My wife and I canceled most all of our cable. No more $50-$80 cable bills. We no only pay for the local channels (about $20)and pay $9.99 for Netflix. We get an endless stream of movies we can watch instantly plus we can also get DVD's placed into Que and sent to us one at a time. As soon as one is sent back, we get the next one in the Que. Still, though borrowing DVD's from you library is the cheapest way to go. Besides, you need to go to the library to borrow your books anyway. So why not borrow those DVD's from there also?





---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment