Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Still Undecided, But Paul Isn't My Guy

I have been agonizing over the last few days and weeks, since Brownback withdrew from the race for President, just who to vote for. A few days I posted that my decision was between Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney. Well I can tell you now that I still don't know who to vote for, but it won't be Paul. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy's Libertarian streak. Like Paul, I oppose the war and want to see our troops home. They would be far better off protecting our own borders. The time has come for us to stop being the worlds policeman and keep our nose where it belongs, at home. We have a huge illegal immigration problem. These troops could be used to protect our borders and help the border patrol stop these people from entering this country illegally. In addition, Paul has an excellent voting record on the pro-life issues. The problem is his supports are uncouth. When they throw snowballs at the media, just because they disagree with them, shows an attitude of "I want it my way, and my way only." That is an attitude that turns me off, and as such I will look at my other two choices.

I did call into the Alan Combs radio show a few weeks ago and predict Huckabee would be our next President. That prediction as I prefaced on the program was based on historical data. That being that, no President since JFK has been elected President straight out of the Senate. Likewise, no President since JFK has been from the Northeast. The final historical data that figures into that projection is that JFK was also the last President to be from a major city. All others have been from rural areas. Many of them had ranches and farms that when they vacationed away from the White House, they stayed at. Think about LBJ, Reagan, and the current Bush. Even the former Bush had a small place in Maine that he went to and was among these other candidates that we seen regularly chopping wood, riding horses or clearing brush.

Though, I don't want to base my decision simply of historical data. Instead, I want to make a decision on who best represents my views and likewise who I trust the most. Stay tuned, I will decide soon and you the readers will be the first to know when I decide.
---
And that's my view, what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment