Thursday, January 24, 2008

Remaining Debts - January 2008

As the month of January progressed, I wondered if I would reach any of my goals for these debts. I made a $23.50 payment to the crummy people at Providian on the 11th. Another $220.33 on the 17th. I am still waiting on my $147 from the Google AdSense allowing me to increase my payment to those ripoff artists, and get my debt to them down to $15. I am hopeful to then get that last $15 paid before Feb. 6, so I don't have to pay any more interest.
If I do have to go into a new month, it won't be the end of the world though. My paycheck comes on the 7th, but I think I will be able to swing that last accelerated payment. What a great day it will be, when that debt is paid off.
Perhaps, I have enough aluminum cans to get that final $15.

AccountBeginning BalanceMonthly Minimum PaymentPayments This MonthOutstanding Balance
Providian Credit Card$405$17$243.83$162
Amerifirst Mortgage
$990$75$30$970?
FingerHut$1,000$50$10$1,000
Car Loan
$10,581$400$400$10,262.73
IRS$3,796$0$0$3,796

I did get a phone call from FingerHut this month. The first, even though they claim otherwise. Perhaps, they are the ones making all the hang up all calls. Or, perhaps they are the ones that say they have an important announcement. My take there, is if it is so dang important, then actually call me. A recording telling me to hold, is not important.

Anyway, I am getting sidetracked, they said $10 wasn't enough, but they would accept that for the Jan. and Feb. payments. Then they would call back to get an increased payment. Oh they also said it was now in their (in house) collection department, so it would no longer be accruing interest and fees.

I would still like to somehow pay off this debt and the AmeriFirst (home improvement) loan paid off by March 31. Seeing as that would be more then my income, that would take a miracle, but still, I am hoping that between AdSense, PayPerPost and Blogvertise, I will get more additional income then ever before.


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

7 comments:

  1. You don't have that much debt, looks like me like you have an income problem... you probably just need to make more money.

    Listen to the Dave Ramsey show, he tells his listeners that a lot of time they don't have a debt problem but an income problem.

    The bad news is we have a recession coming so it will be harder to find better jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - Why didn't you make yourself more credible and at least use the nickname feature, if not one of the many different site logins?

    In response to your comment, I do listen to Dave Ramsey when I can. If you read my site, you will see I quote him quite often. There are only two (2) ways that I can increase my income. Get a new job, and start all over at a lower wage or get that promotion to a salaried position that I have been wanting and going after for sometime. The thing is with a store closing recently, that makes it tougher to move into a new position.

    In addition, working retail (specifically as management) I don't know week to week what hours or days I am going to be available, which makes it harder to get a second (2nd) job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your moving ahead nicely Prince. Good for you!

    I would take the aluminum cans in. Even $5 would put you in a better place. February is going to be a better month with no Providian.

    Minimums moving from $542 - $525. With your tight budget $17 is huge.

    Keep up the good work and the extra income stream and these balances are going to fly down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the providian balance is so close to being paid off that must feel good, I agree about the taking the cans in, every little bit helps and soon the providian will be gone for good!
    I hope the adsense & bidvertiser income arrrives in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kevin: Your progress with Providian is excellent but I don't understand why you're not paying the minimum on Amerifirst and FingerHut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. mcfnord -


    for AmeriFirst, it is an agreed lowered minimum, while I try to get back on solid ground. I put the minimum as $75, because that is what it's suppose to be. But both sides (at their offering) have agreed to $35/mth. That will soon be upped as I get rid of the Providian payment.

    I really would like to see them gone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kevin I compared this balance against last month and determined that you put $27 PER DAY to your debt, and at this rate you'll pay it off in a year and a half. cool!

    ReplyDelete