Saturday, October 7, 2006

Though Fewer In Number Critics Get Louder, Show Hypocritical Side

Tonight, as I was surfing around the internet, I came upon calacanis.com, where Jason lambastes blog advertising. He is uses an interview, that Mike Arrington had with some of the folks from www.payperpost.com. The problem, I see as I read the post, is that his entire right hand column is filled with advertisements and not one note that says they are advertisements or sponsors. Yet, he his complaining about other bloggers writing paid posts. In my comments on his post I called him hypocritical

You have to many ads on the side of the blog, get rid of them you hypocrites. No where do you call them advertisers or sponsors.

I then continued with my own opinion of his post:

I recently shared my opinion with readers of this blog, and asked for theirs. Out of the 35+ readers that accessed my blog that day and the 100+ since, only 1 even shared their comments. Not even one anonymous responder. One person, who was pretty neutral. Positive at best. Three months ago there were a lot of negative comments all over, now the tide of opinion has changed to at least neutral.
The temptation is there to blog about every advertiser, but if a blogger is giving an honest review, I don't see all the negative responses any more.


What makes this guy even more hypocritical is this is the same guy who tried to pay top members of digg. Don't you just hate hypocrites like this guy? I sure do.

No comments:

Post a Comment