Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thrifty Fun

Thanks to Frugal For Life, I learned of a very interesting website. ThriftyFun.com, which has a column called, "My Frugal Life." This section, has some great posts from various readers on how to be frugal. One of the most interesting posts, came from a lady in Kansas City, Kansas. She describes getting free produce, from her local produce manager. However, working in a supermarket, I know not many places, especially the chains, will allow what she describes. They won't even allow food going to the trash be taken home by employees (from there standpoint, there is the possibility food will become "trash," if an employee wanted to get it for free). Nor will they donate it, for fear, if someone gets sick, they could be sued.

Another section, includes tips from posters. The tips accepted by the site, for this section, are paid $25. I am going to have think of a tip and try to get me an extra $25, for my emergency fund build up.

No comments:

Post a Comment