Wednesday, August 9, 2006

FTC says, Opt Out Site is Legit


Besides cutting up my credit card, I wanted to be sure to opt out from any future mailings. After reading about Optoutprescreen.com on another blog, I was excited. But, then I thought, what if the site is a scam? So I started looking it up on Yahoo. First I found a message board that was no help, just people going back and worth about the relibility of the site. Then I found http://www.fraudguides.com/consumer_optoutprescreen.asp which pretty much convinced me. However, what TOTALY convinced me was, FTC.gov. The FTC even had a link to the opt out website.
I encourage everyone to use it, although while the site says they will notify the credit bureuas for me. I printed out the form to sign (so I could be permenatly removed) 4 times so that I could mail to the big 3 credit bureaus as well as the website. I want to be sure that they each have my opt out request.

2 comments:

  1. I'm earning $8/day from credit cards, so I want the offers to continue. I just wish I could make the *uncompetitive* offers disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of credit card companies that offer Help credit card debt.

    ReplyDelete