Monday, February 11, 2008

Should We Consider Lifelock?

I am sure you have seen or heard, the commercials, the same as I have. What commercials is that? The one, where the owner of the company, gives you his real social security number. Well, today I wanted talk to you about lifelock.

If my debts weren't so bad, I would sign up in a heartbeat for the service. That is because it is a service for everyone. No matter, if you have been a victim of identity theft or just want to protect yourself.

People from all walks of life and ages have already signed up. One age group that is probably the most important age group is children and students. That is because those credit reports aren't closely monitored so they are much more easily stolen and used, without detection.

Other groups who already use it include both individuals and families who want to be proactive to protect their identity before it is stolen.

As a personal finance blogger, I highly recommend that you consider lifelock. As I said, if I didn't have all the debts that plaque me, I would certainly spend the few dollars to have my identity protected by lifelock.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.

5 comments:

  1. hmm, it's a form of insurance. do you give up automobile and home owner's insurance because of your debts? at some point that's risky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you can lock all your credit report files up for a one-time fee of $10 EACH for 3 credit bureaus (that is what it costs in Missouri). The downside is that you have to pay to unlock it if you wanted to get credit or a future employer wanted to run your credit. No one, not even you, can use your credit. It seems like a lot less expensive to me....Dave Ramsey has talked about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the major complaints about Lifelock is that you can do most of what they offer for free. Concise instructions on how are available here

    ReplyDelete
  4. You additionally agree that you have a good faith suspicion that you have been or are about to become a victim of fraud or related crime, including identity theft, that you want to obtain fraud alerts under 15 U.S.C. § 1681c-1, and that you will notify LifeLock immediately if and when you no longer have such a good faith suspicion.

    This from LifeLock's own Terms and conditions. So you have to be a previous victim or a currently threatened one, or sign up for service fraudulently. What good is THAT? That's like getting car insurance AFTER the wreck, or AFTER getting drunk right before driving. Jeez.........

    ReplyDelete