Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rant about the weather

We had another 8-inches of snow that dumped on us again a couple of days ago. Man, I am tired of all this crap that we are getting this year.

Anyway, this time we got a decent amount of rain which froze underneath the snow. So today being payday, and riding on empty, I went to get ice. Guess what. My dang, gas tank was iced shut. I cut my knuckles trying to chip the ice away (without damaging my paint).

To top it off my city, doesn't blade the roads. Because they don't want to damage the roadway. So they just throw salt and sand down and call it good. Then the cities police issue their annual press release reminding citizens are to have their sidewalks and driveways shoveled within 12 hours (or 6 hours from sunrise) to avoid getting a $100 ticket (plus $71 court costs). The gall of the city to expect private citizens to do what they refuse to do on the streets. It is even worse then that. I live on a side street, and I may never even see them come down the street with salt and sand.

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.




4 comments:

  1. Around here in South Carolina is was 72 this past Tuesday and 58 Right now. I don't foresee any more winter weather around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, how in the HECK are old people, the disabled, and single mothers supposed to have their sidewalks and driveways shoveled within 6 or 12 hours??? And I thought it was BAD here.

    That's ridiculous! I hope you get on some board somewhere and get this policy reversed!

    That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard and I can believe it all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. according to the press release those are the people who use the sidewalks and thus why they have the law so that they can get to the bus stops, the stores, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naww, that's a terrible assumption. When it's that bad outside, I doubt they'd be going to the bus stops and store. It's just another tax. And, does the government enforce it?

    What are they going to do next, fine people for not having their sidewalks trimmed when grass grows in the cracks? Wouldn't want the disabled to trip on the grass...

    ReplyDelete