Tuesday, February 5, 2008

CareerBuilder VS Monster

Yesterday, I went to apply for a sales job (at a light store) that was advertised in Saturday's paper. However, they told me that the position had already been filled. So I came home. and signed up for CareerBuilder.com. I must say, that I think I like CareerBuilder.com better then Monster.com.

It seems there are more job offerings at CareerBuilder and well the application process tends to be easier then on Monster. Has anyone else noticed this? What, do those of you that have used these sites, think?


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.




4 comments:

  1. I like CareerBuilder. I actually got a job offer once from having my resume there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edie -
    Just last night I found 5 leads and submitted applications to all of them. Where on monster, I have only found 1 lead that I applied to (though that 1 had 3 openings).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used Careerbuilder but have used Monster over the years. I don't post my resume but send it to specific job postings. The job I have now I got through Monster 3 1/2 years ago.

    You might also try some of the other places like hotjobs.com. When you are seriously looking, you can't look in too many places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin, as a short-term contractor, I use these services a lot. These are my favorites:

    indeed.com
    base.google.com
    craigslist.org
    dice.com
    monster.com

    One thing to note: POSTING your resume' on these sites (where possible) is AS IMPORTANT as following up on leads you find there.

    ReplyDelete