Saturday, February 9, 2008

Applications - I hate seeking a job

I spent the day yesterday putting in applications at various financial institutions. Still haven't heard back from the one credit union that I left a message on their voice mail, after they left one on my voice mail.

I do know that they will be conducting interviews this next week, so I expect to be able to connect with them, hopefully Monday.

It has been 11-years (1996) since I have seriously looked for a job. I must say, I hate this. I have been loyal to a company for 9-years. A company I had worked for previously for 5-years. When I returned to them, I didn't even fill out an application. It was a simple process of me calling someone I knew in the company and saying I was planning to move back to Topeka, and asking if there was a chance I could get rehired. The long and short of it, I was rehired and never searched for a job. 2-years previously when I returned to Kansas, I spent the longest time ever seeking a job. I was then offered 2 jobs within a week of each other.


I ended the afternoon going to hear the one and only Presidential candidate (and my choice) to visit Topeka. This morning is the caucuses, so I will heading over there in a few minutes, to attempt to get in the front of the line.

After that, I will have to prepare to go to work.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.




2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat - looking for a job can really suck but with a little perseverance I'm sure you'll get a job quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking for work is much harder than actually doing the job! pace yourself, make some progress every day. don't burn out. it's a process. it doesn't happen overnight.

    ReplyDelete