Friday, September 7, 2007

Unfortunate Incident Causes Debt Reduction

Two weeks ago today, I was involved in a minor fender-bender. Thankfully, no one was injured in the incident. Today, I received a check from the insurance for $1,006.88.


I then took the check to the Credit Union and applied $606.57 of it to my car loan. Now I am no longer $500+ behind on the loan. Instead, I am now slightly ahead once again. The other $400 will be divided among some of my other bills. For example $275 will be mailed to Black Gold to pay for part of the insulation. Then I will send $50 to the credit card company and the final $50 to the phone company. The other $25 will remain in my savings at the time.

2 comments:

  1. hey! that is great news! I am glad you are able to take this lemon and make lemonade. You are blessed by the God of the living, who dwells in unaproachable light!
    Praise be to God! Way to go on dumping that debt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good to hear. Its got to be a good feel to get caught up with the bill and reduce it a little more.

    ReplyDelete