Thursday, September 13, 2007

Insurance Thoughts


About three weeks ago, I received a packet from the insurance company letting me know that insurance rates were going up. This packet was the declarations page for my records. Then a couple of weeks ago, I got letter thanking me for renewing my insurance. However, I never received the actual renewal notice. I knew from the declarations page, approximately how much my new quarterly payments were, but no bill. So today, I called my agents office and found out it was due on the 5th and the new premium was $337.10. Approximately $4 more then the estimated amount I had come up with. $4 being the fee for paying quarterly instead of semi-annually or annually.

So today on my way to work, I will drive by the agents office, and get it paid. Thankfully both my home and car insurance are tied together into one policy, so I have a few days to get my premium renewed. Although, I am sure I will get charged in a couple weeks an additional $10, because the post office again failed to deliver something to me.

Speaking of the problems with the post office, this is the first time that I have found an important piece of mail has not been delivered. In the past it's been magazines and newspapers and other non essential mailings.

1 comment:

  1. i can't help but notice how unique your blog is. i learned a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete