Monday, September 10, 2007

End of URL Forwarding

Ever since, I started this blog, I have had the domain name of DebtFree4ever.NET. The problem is I was using url forwarding, so most of my readers didn't even know that I had my own domain. As of a few minutes ago, I set up the CNAME record (a technical term) and now, you will see my domain (DebtFree4ever.net) in the browser window instead of the blogspot name.
However, you will still be able to get to the blog even when you use the blogspot address.


Update: This has apparently caused problems with my email address, as none of the emails are getting through.

2 comments:

  1. Actually your url is NOT debtfreee4ever.net, it is www.debtfree4ever.net. It only works with the www

    Wasn't sure if you knew that. My blogs with blogspot hosting are the same way ( either with or without www works but not both)

    BTW I have always used the domain to get here. I rarely ever type "www" into any domain as its a waste of time- unless there is an error without www

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg -
    I have discovered theproblem to. My KevinsView.com blog works either way. DebtFree4ever.net works either way in Firefox but not Internet Explorer.


    Something, I am looking at my options to correct.

    ReplyDelete