Friday, December 22, 2006

Recent Stupidity


I know it's hard to believe that I would do anything stupid (Sarcasm Intended). Especially, when I sometimes come across so harsh about doing the right thing financially. Perhaps, I come across that way, because I am preaching to myself as well as trying to encourage everyone else to avoid the mistakes that I made, and seem to continue to make.

So what did I do that was so stupid? Well, as some of you may know (and others may not) I collect political memorabilia, especially Campaign Buttons, well recently I visited the home of the only Vice-President (and only American Indian to) from Kansas. After, that visit, something any me was set off. I went on a shopping spree that I could not really afford, to buy campaign buttons of every candidate (successful or otherwise) from Kansas to ever run for President or Vice-President.
So lets see there was Charles Curtis (VP for Hoover), President Eisenhower, Bob Dole (VP running-mate for Ford in '76), Bob Dole (Presidential Campaign), and Alf Landon (ran for President). I am still waiting for some of these pins to arrive, while I have already received some. Then of course the Kansas collection still won't be complete. Why? Because, Kansas Senator Sam Brownback, has announced his intentions to run for President in 2008 (Buttons are yet to even be printed). Of course, if he failed to get the nomination, he still could be picked to be the V.P. running-mate). I am hopeful those buttons won't cost me anything, or at least I will actually have the funds when they do become available next year.

OK, so there you have it. How I was stupid. Let the harassing and head knocking begin. I fulling admit my mistakes. Of course that is part of the idea, of this blog, to discuss every aspect of my financial picture as well as what the experts say is the right course.

No comments:

Post a Comment