Friday, December 1, 2006

My Need For Insulation


I recently posted a request on FreeCycle for insulation. I seen insulation listed a couple times as offers, but I have never been successful at being the receiver of those particular offers. The house I live (and bought 8 years ago, come January) in has absolutely no insulation. None, nada, zilch and the cash is not there to buy the needed rolls. I figure about 10 rolls (maybe more) to get insulation in my attic.
So far no one has responded, but I am hopeful someone will have at least one roll that they can give me. Once I get debt free that will be one of the first home improvements that I will save up for. Along with finishing the bathroom remodel and the back porch improvements. Of course the living room picture window needs replaced as well.
Once I get some insulation in the attic though, I will be able to reduce my heating expenses some. And in the long run that will save hundreds more then the insulation would ever cost.
I even went to the local weatherization group and applied for help there, but they said I made $100 to much to receive help from them. If they would have come out to do anything, they would have blown insulation into the walls as well the attic and finished off by making sure the windows were sealed. All of which I need done, but will just have to wait for awhile.
Since heat rises, my first concern is getting insulation into the attic. Second would be making sure the windows are sealed with some good caulking.

No comments:

Post a Comment