Thursday, December 28, 2006

2007: Resolutions, Plans & A look Ahead

I don't usually make resolutions, in fact the last time I did, I was a teenager in high school, some 20+ years ago. Well this year, as the year comes to a close. I would not be the Prince of thrift if I did not at least take a look at what I plan to do in 2007 about the nasty debt that I have spent the last 9 months actively fighting.
So without further ado, here are my 2007 resolutions (aka goals)

  • Officially pay-off and eliminate the credit card. While the credit card has been cut up, auto payments continue to hit it and my balance continues to fluctuate between $800 and $1000.
  • Eliminate the remaining Home Improvement Loan. I still owe approximately $1400. I have been paying this down and in 2007 I will escalate my payments and get this debt paid off.
  • The Chevy. - In January of 2006 I took out a loan for a car that I should not have bought. Yep it was a stupid tax. I reasoned that I needed a new car because my old truck had been totaled twice by hit and run drivers and was dangerous to drive. While the reasoning may have been true, I did not need a 2004 nor did I need to spend $14,000 for a $11,000 car. I could have bought a $3,000 car to get around as I saved for a nicer car. In 2007 I resolve to find a way to either get out from the upside down loan or to find a way to escalate my payments and get the loan paid off quickly.
  • Education - I want to look more in depth to seeking CPA or other financial certification.
  • Love - I want to get to a position financially so that I can again consider meeting a special girl and dating.
  • 1 comment:

    1. Your site is great. I like all the advice and tips. If you like to add my website to your blogroll, I would be happy to do the same. thanks

      ReplyDelete