Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tips for Keeping Track of Your Money

I have heard a tip to save money, that at first I didn't really agree with. However, the more I have thought about it, the more it makes since. In John Cummuta's TDIW series he says to avoid writting checks for more then the purchase price when going through the stores checkout. The same would apply when using your debit card. Why does he say this? Because then that money is gone, and you lose track of where that money is. I am now convinced that is why Dave Ramsey recomend's using cash rather then checks. Checks should only be used to pay bills, and I use online bill pay instead. Which means about the only thing I should be using checks for is the tax man.

1 comment:

  1. Cash has built-in budgeting features. If I've got ten bucks, I can't spend eleven! But I carry a debit card so I can get cash. I'll usually get a lot of cash and store it at home. When I go out, I carry $9, and will only use the debit card at the store.

    ReplyDelete