Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Bitting Back!

Ok, so I tried to upload a snapshot of this adobe (pdf) file, but blogger would not recognize it. As such I do not have an image of this page, like I wanted. Anyhow, I found this on Dave Ramsey's website and is an awesome tool, in my mind, to fight back at these credit companies sending us junk mail all the time. What you do is print out this page, put it in their postage paid return envelope, allong with a couple of other pieces of junk mail and mail it to the credit company.
I recently received 2 offers from Crapital one. I took their ad and threw it away, filling their postage paid envelope (don't want to do this, if it isn't on their dime) with one letter, my card advertising this blog, and pieces of junk mail I received from other companies and put it in the mail. I then repeated this with the other return envelope. What does the letter say?

Your credit company has been chosen, out of all those in your area, to receive our "Send us junk mail and get it back at your expense deal.

It continues and even asks if they are interested in something else:

Upon receiving your offer in the mail, I was excited to see I would have the opportunity to pay several fees, including the applcation fee, the annual fee AND the monthly user fee. Seeing how fond you are of fees, perhaps I can interest you in my $250 unsolicited mail fee!

It also demands:

Take us off your stupid list!

I am going to continue doing this untill they get the message. Next on my list, Amerifirst Mortgages. Now if only HFC, would include a postage paid envelope.
that file again is:
http://www.daveramsey.com/media/pdf/fpu_creditrebellion.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment