Friday, July 14, 2006

Budget Living Good HouseKeeping Refund

So back at the end of May, you may remember that I had received a subscription to Good Housekeeping forced upon me, because Budget Living (which I had subscribed to) had ceased business. Well the letter explaining all this, that came with that first issue of Good Housekeeping was this last paragraph:

If you currently subscribe to Good Housekeeping, we will automatically extend your subscription. If you would like a refund of all unmailed issues of your original Budget Living subscription, simply let us know by writting to us at Good Housekeeping Subscription Department, Attn: Elizabeth Stone, P. O. Box 7186, Red Oak, IA 51591.


Well I haven't seen a refund as of yet, even though I have put in the request. So I hunted and hunted for a number. Of course they don't list their numbers in Red Oak. I did finally find a customer service number, which of course MS. Stone, does not work at. The lady who took my call, said that my account had no request on file and given that it was replacing my Budget Living mag there couldn't be a refund. However, I read her the paragraph and she changed her tune. She said she could enter a request, which she did and then I wil have to wait another 4-8 weeks (so she said anyway). So my guess of another 6 months before I see the refund, appears to be accurate.
6 months to have subscription transfered to another magazine that I have no interest in.
another 6 months (apparently) to actually get a refund)
My refund should cover June 2006-Oct 2007, according to their website and based on the letter I hold in my hands right now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kevin,

    I can't seem to find a way to contact you privately, so I hope you don't mind me doing this in a comment. Feel free to delete this.

    Thanks so much for linking to Blogging Away Debt. If it isn't too much trouble, could you change the link to http://bloggingawaydebt.com ?

    I am in the process of moving off blogger.com.

    Thanks, and here's to some happy blogging and debt reduction success stories! Glad to see that you are over at the NCN Network :)

    - Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Budget Living is no more. I had a subscription (as a freebie), but never knew what became of it.

    It was OK, but I can see why it never caught on. To me, it never really was about budget living. It was always about buying stuff?

    I may have every issue they ever published.

    ReplyDelete