Monday, May 9, 2011

Frugal Tip #41 Turn Off Oven Early

Earlier this year, I started posting a more in depth look at each of the frugal tips. Over the next few weeks I will publish the frugal tips that I have collected. Please note that not every tip will work for everyone. Chose as many of the tips that will work with you and your family and start implementing them. Today we will proceed with Tip #41 Turn off the oven before the end of the cooking cycle, the residual heat might just do the trick without additional cost. Last week our tip was cooking with a full oven rather then a partially full one. Today, our suggestion is to turn the heat off early and let the residual heat finish cooking. This same trick can be used for stove-top cooking as well.

turning off your stove burners early and using the stored heat to finish the cooking process of the food is a good way to stop excess waste of energy. Also adding foil to the underside of the eye works to reflect the heat.
- Bright Ideas
Of course that isn't the only source either. Many experts recomend this idea to save energy.
Turn the oven off five or ten minutes early, and let dishes finish cooking in the residual heat.
- My Food Maps
In the same vain, My Food Maps also makes this suggestion.
Preheating is somewhat prehistoric since many newer ovens heat up very rapidly. Often, preheating is not necessary, although it does depend on the recipe – especially for most baked goods and soufflés.
- My Food Maps


---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment