Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two Fantastic Years

On this day 2-years ago, I set down for the first time to write about personal finances. The idea was simple enough, John Cummuta's CD's suggested signing up for affiliate programs and create a website to place those links. However, in order to make affiliate programs work, I had to create a reason for people to actually visit and then return to the page. My idea, was that I would be the first to write about personal finance. Well guess what, I wasn't the first. However, I quickly joined a rank of 800+ other personal finance blogs, and to my surprise I quickly joined the top 100. A position I still hold, although my rank has slipped as the number of personal finance bloggers swelled to over 1000.

So how will I spend this mile mark? To start, I am attending a weekly community meeting, in which I am going to take the above pictured cake as a treat. I will then go to the store to pick up the turkey breast they were sold out of the other day. Then come home, to prepare a special, and budget busting dinner, of Turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn and cranberry sauce.

To end the day, I will attend the annual meeting of one of my credit unions, in which I will whole heartedly cast my vote for a great group of volunteer board of directors. In addition, through out the day, I hope to finish the Harrine Freeman book, "How to get out of debt." Once I finish that book, I can get my 2 reviews written and uploaded to their respective blogs.
---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now.






Get Paid to Sign Up, Refer Others, Read E-Mail, Complete Offers, and More!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kevin! Enjoy that turkey dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mzmuny. It was delicious. At the credit union meeting the "door prize," they were giving everyone who came was a piggy bank with some change in it. Mine had $3.67 in it. Not a lot, but hey, every cent helps.

    ReplyDelete