Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Your Annual Credit Report Is Important

The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 gave citizens the right to one free credit report per year from the major reporting bureaus. Experts say to get a report from Experian, Transunion, Equifax. Those are the three major credit reporting agencies.

Even though I don't recommend using credit, I still believe in todays world it is important to know what is in your credit report so that you can detect any fraud quickly.

Rather than requesting a report from each agency individually, one website can handle them all. Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit reports can be acquired from annualcreditreport.com. This service is still free. However, if you are one that doesn't like to give out personal information online you can download a printable form to request your reports from their website or by click here.

Help keep yourself protected and check each of your three reports at least once a year. I personally print out the form and mail it in three times a year getting a report from a different agency each time.



---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment