Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Today is the greatest holiday in March. Saint Patrick's Day! St. Patrick’s Day has largely devolved into a day that means little more than going out to bars and getting drunk as a mistaken way of celebrating “Irishness.”

So how can you celebrate the day on the cheap?


  1. Go to a Parade
    Everyone loves a parade right?
  2. Avoid the alcohol
    I know it seems like heresy, but you really can celebrate without getting drunk. If you do drink do do in moderation (but moderation I mean 1 drink).
  3. Color your food green
    Whether its green jello or (God forbid) green mashed potatoes - you make everything seem part of this special day by using a little green food coloring.
  4. Irish Cooking
    Cook up some great Irish food food for you and your family. An Irish breakfast of sausages, toast, eggs, roasted tomatoes and tea does sound good to me. But you can opt for lunch or dinner with corned beef, cabbage and potatoes if you like to.


--- go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think. follow me on Twitter and facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment