Sunday, March 20, 2011

Breaking News: Number 4 Cellphone Company to Merge With Number 2 Company

The one thing I have disliked about my current cellphone plan with T-Mobile is that it doesn't have roll over minutes. Now that my be changing, although not for 12 months. That is because today it was announced that Deutsche Telekom has agreed to sell it's USA division (better known as T-mobile) to the one company that has roll over minutes; AT&T.
NEW YORK — AT&T Inc. said Sunday it will buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom AG in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $39 billion that would make it the largest cellphone company in the U.S.

The deal would reduce the number of wireless carriers with national coverage from four to three, and is sure to face close regulatory scrutiny. It also removes a potential partner for Sprint Nextel Corp., the struggling No. 3 carrier, which had been in talks to combine with T-Mobile USA, according to Wall Street Journal reports.
- MSNBC
This deal when completed would make AT&T the number one cell phone carrier in the nation. Ahead of Verizon (currently number 1) and Sprint (currently number 3).

---
go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.


follow me on Twitter and facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment