Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions For 2010

Last year, I made four (4) resolutions. Lets see how I did. Then see what my new resolutions are.

1. Pay off the WaMu balance transfer I made in 2008.
I have faltered in this area. It should have been paid off several times, but I have ashamedly used the card and charged more. That is something that must stop if I am going to get out of debt. I will have to focus on this debt now owned by Chase.

2. Pay off the Car loan.
Again an area, I didn't quite succeed in, but am close. I am within $800 of having the debt paid off. That is equal to 2 payments. So, there is no question, I will have it paid off in 2010. The question is how soon.

3. Pay off the IRS
This debt, which is in hardship deferment isn't much further along then it was last year. Still, I see actual payments beginning in 2010 thanks to other debts being eliminated.

4. Find love
This I was very successful in. It did cause me to slow my debt elimination process, but I am in love and engaged to be married in August 2010.





Now let's look at my New Year's Resolutions for 2010.





  • Finish paying off the car.
    I expect to have the last $800 paid off by the end of February.







  • Book
    I have started working on a book, that I hope will be very different from any other personal finance book out there. It is my hope to finish it and find a publisher for it by the end of the year.





  • Eliminate the Chase credit card debt.
    Last year WaMu, was taken over by Chase and I intend to have this debt paid off this year. No more playing around. No more playing with fire.












  • Pay off the IRS
    This year, I intend to start putting a focus on this debt and have it paid off as quickly as possible.












  • Marriage and Honeymoon
    My fiance and I have talked about honeymooning in New York, but reality is that it will more likely be Omaha. We are both committed to paying for the wedding and honeymoon with cash. Cash that we must save up quickly between now and August. Currently, we have saved $25 and paid for the wedding and reception locations. We also have the wedding dress and tuxedo, though I do need to get the red vest to complete the outfit in our wedding colors. We may have to rent the wedding parties outfits. We are making every effort though, to get everything paid for before the big day.



    ---
    go ahead share your thoughts with me now, my ears are open. I'm always eager to hear what you think.
    -----

    follow me on Twitter



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment